Welcome to the KVCR Online Auction - it's simple and fun!
At KVCR, our mission is to harness the power of public broadcasting for the common good. With our Online Auction, you can help KVCR reach this goal by taking advantage of great deals on our exclusive merchandise!
How it works -
Throughout the course of our Online Auction, listeners and viewers will be directed to an auction site to bid on a catalogue of goods, services and entertainment packages provided by local and regional businesses, attractions and service providers. The event will be promoted extensively by KVCR via on- and off-air methods. Our Online Auction is a win-win-win situation: KVCR raises vital money to pay for program services, listeners and viewers are able to take advantage of fantastic opportunities, and businesses receive considerable media exposure.
So make sure you bid high, bid often, and enjoy some guilt-free shopping!
How to participate -
Both businesses and individuals can donate to KVCR's Online Auction, and it's quick and simple!
1. Put together a package of goods and/or services. Any item(s) or service(s) you wish to donate, whether gift certificates, products, services, gift baskets, or a monetary donation will add immensely to the success of our auction. Popular categories and sample items include:
· Food & Wine (gift cards & certificates, gift boxes)
· Retail (gift cards & certificates, gift boxes)
· Travel & Getaways (hotel packages, wine country tours, spa stays, bed and breakfast packages, tickets to local attractions)
· One-of-a-Kind Items & Experiences (behind-the-scene tours, celebrity meet-and-greets, collectible memorabilia)
2. You will receive a tax deduction (KVCR is a 501(c)(3) corporation; therefore, your donation may be deducted to the full extent of the law).
3. Packages valued at $1,000 or more will be included on the auction's "Featured Items" page throughout the length of the event.
KVCR reserves the right to accept/reject merchandise and/or gift certificates. If accepted, the donation becomes the property of KVCR and will be used for fundraising efforts. KVCR reserves the right to group donated items as needed. KVCR is a 501(c)(3) corporation therefore your donation may be deducted to the full extent of the law. Please contact your tax consultant.
If you have any further questions or would like additional information please contact Lillian Vasquez (909) 384-4331 or email email@example.com
How you benefit -
1. Unlike other online auction sites, this is not a "clearing house" type of operation. Due to the charitable nature of our auction site, many items sell for their full value or higher.
2. Each donated item will receive an item's description and picture, your company logo, and an active link to your website, which carries an estimated value of $1,000.
3. As an auction participant, your business will receive invaluable exposure to over 1 million listeners and viewers who are college educated professionals and homeowners, most of whom have an annual income of $75,000 or more.
Promotional Value -
On-Air: Our Online Auction will be promoted on our station throughout the 10-day event.
Web: The Online Auction site is projected to receive in excess of 1.5 million page views. Participation in this event is an outstanding "viral" marketing tool. Bidders spread the word to friends and family, so the potential audience is far beyond just those people viewing and listening!
Email: The auction will be promoted via several station e-mail blasts.
Direct Mail: The auction will be promoted via several station direct mail campaigns.
Sponsorship Information -
Online Auction sponsorships are available beginning at the $1000.00 level, and include guaranteed front page presence, on-air promotion, and inclusion in all e-mail blasts.
If you have any further questions or would like additional information please contact Antwan Daniels by phone at (909) 384-4349 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Distribution Policy -
1. Unless otherwise stated, all packages purchased from KVCR will be available for pick-up no sooner than five business days after the completion of the auction.
2. The winning bidder must bring a photo ID for pick-up. The winning bidder may assign another person for pick-up with prior permission of KVCR.
3. Upon request, items will be mailed. All mailed items require a signature at delivery. Shipping and handling charges of $7.00 will be added for envelopes and actual shipping, PLUS an additional $15.00 for larger packages will be automatically added to the winning bidder's invoice. (Upon request, item may be mailed standard mail, but KVCR assumes no liability should the item be lost or stolen in the mail.)
4. Items will be available for pickup at the KVCR Studios on the San Bernardino Valley College campus between five and ten business days after the auction's close, between 8:00 AM and 6:00 PM (excluding weekends). Items not picked up by 6:00 PM PST on the tenth day after the auction's close will be mailed and associated fees will be applied to winning bidder's invoice.
KVCR is located on the San Bernardino Valley College campus:
701 South Mount Vernon Avenue
San Bernardino , CA 92410
For more information, contact KVCR Member Services at (909) 384-4350.
The items listed in this online catalog are being offered and sold by KVCR. The following terms and conditions, as amended by any posted notices or oral announcements during the sale, govern the sale of all the items listed herein:
- No Liability: The participating station (KVCR) does not assume any risk, liability, or responsibility for the authenticity or quality of any items presented in this catalogue.
- No Warranties: All items are sold "as is" without recourse. KVCR does not make representations or warranties of any kind or nature, expressed or implied, with respect to the auction items. KVCR shall not, in any event, be responsible for the correctness of the catalogue, nor be deemed to have made any representations or warranties of quality. No statement made in the catalogue, in any bill of sale, invoice, or elsewhere, shall be deemed such a representation, warranty, or assumption of liability on the part of KVCR. Prospective bidders should read the description and familiarize themselves with the terms, conditions, and restrictions before bidding to determine the appropriateness of the auction item.
- Participants in this auction will hold KVCR harmless - its board of directors, employees, contractors, and agents. In addition, the boards of directors, employees, contractors, and agents of the item donors are released from any and all liability associated with the purchase and use of auction items.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, KVCR will not be liable for any loss, damage, claim or costs arising from, incurred wholly or partly by, or in any manner related to, the purchase or use of any auction items or packages. Auction participants shall hold harmless and indemnify KVCR, its board of directors, employees, contractors and agents from any and all loss, damage, claim or costs associated with any and all claims which may be asserted in connection with the purchase and use of auction items.
- All bids must be made on the auction site. Telephone, fax, or in-person bids will not be accepted.
- KVCR may withdraw any auction item at any time before the actual sale.
- Unless otherwise announced by the auctioneer at the time of sale, all bids are per lot as numbered.
- KVCR reserves the right, without giving any reason therefore, to reject a bid from any bidder. The highest bidder acknowledged by KVCR shall be the purchaser. In the event of any dispute between bidders, KVCR shall have the sole and final discretion either to determine the successful bidder or to re-offer and resell the article in dispute. If any dispute arises after the sale, the KVCR and auction site sale records shall be conclusive in all respects.
- Each item is listed with a minimum bid. Bids below this minimum will not be accepted.
- At the end of the sale, the highest bidder shall be deemed to have purchased the offered item subject to all of the conditions set forth herein and thereupon:
The purchaser assumes the risk and responsibility therefore.
The purchaser will pay the full purchase price. Unless noted, any travel expenses or supplies needed will be at the purchaser's expense.
If the foregoing conditions and other applicable conditions are not complied with, including, without limitation, the failure of the purchaser to pay the bid price, KVCR may, at its discretion, either:
cancel the sale, retaining as liquidated damages all payments made by the purchaser, or
resell the item for the account and risk of the purchaser, either publicly or privately. In such an event, the purchaser shall be liable for payment of any deficiency, all other charges due hereunder, and incidental damages.
- Upon conclusion of the auction, the payment methods of the winning bidders will be charged for the agreed-upon bid price. If payment is not received, KVCR will make a good faith effort to contact the winner to make arrangements for alternative payment. If payment is not made by three business days after the auction's close, the item will be offered to the next bidder at the discretion of KVCR.
- Items may be tax-deductible if purchased above the stated retail value. Check with your tax advisor on the tax-deductibility of your purchase.
- Neither KVCR nor the auction site are responsible for errors or omissions arising or resulting from order bids or bids transmitted by internet, including, without limitation, errors or omissions resulting from mechanical difficulties or failure.
- All package distribution will be handled by KVCR. See the Distribution Policy for details.
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING KVCR!